Thursday, April 27, 2017

Life is about:


Thoughts on Listen to Your Life by Valorie Burton
April 27, 2004
“I feel connected when: (clear, focused, moved to action, full of energy).”
  •              I am praising God.
  •             I am alone with God.
  •             I am writing.
  •             I am talking to people.
  •             I am solving problems.
“I feel disconnected when: (frustrated, scattered, overwhelmed, weighed down, confused, unsure, mentally overloaded).”
  •           I am doing my work at my job.  It’s not hard but I don’t enjoy it.
  •           I have to make too many decisions.
  •           I am shopping by myself and can’t find anything.
“My biggest area of discontent and disconnection right now is my job.  If I had written this a year ago I would have said I felt disconnected from life.  The last year has been one of discovery and of being connected to God and the life He has for me.”
I’m glad I wrote this down while reading this book all those years ago.  I don’t remember much about the book itself but apparently this part made an impression on me.  I find it interesting that I would write the same answers today except for feeling disconnected at my job.  I enjoy my job as church receptionist and ministry assistant.  I am excited that tomorrow is my last full time day.  Monday I become semi-retired and begin working part time so I get to continue doing a job I like while having the opportunity to explore new possibilities God brings into my life.  Best of two worlds!
This might be a good exercise to do every so often to evaluate my life.  I see in my connected statements that it’s in my relationship with God that I find contentment and meaning.  That’s still so true today.
When I read these sentences it made me smile inside and out:  “If I had written this a year ago I would have said I felt disconnected from life.  The last year has been one of discovery and of being connected to God and the life He has for me.”  God had done a great work of restoration in my life in just one year.  This brought to mind the verse that says:
 
This is a good picture of what He has done in my life because that first year represents just a tiny patch in the garden He’s given to me.  Today when I contemplate the life He has restored in me I think of this verse:
 
Because so many are disconnected they are searching for the “meaning of life”.  I can testify that when one is connected to God through faith in Jesus Christ life has meaning.  Without Him there’s nothing.  With Him there is life abundant “like a well-watered garden”.  Not perfect because we live in a fallen world, but when we’re connected to Him there is love, joy, and peace in the midst of the chaos. 
If you haven’t experienced this precious gift of connection to God I can’t really explain it to you.  The only way to know it is to know Jesus Christ, Son of God, King of kings, and Lord of lords.
Alpha and Omega
By Robbie Trice
I heard a great voice out of heaven saying,
Behold the tabernacle of God is with man.
He shall dwell within them, they shall be His people,
and Almighty God will be with them.
He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
There shall be no more death.
Neither sorrow nor crying, and no more pain,
the former things have all past away.
He that sat upon the throne said,
Behold, I make all things new.
He said unto me, Write these words,
for they are faithful and true.

And it is done, it is done, it is done, it is done.

He is the Alpha and Omega,
the Beginning and the End.
The Son of God, King of Kings,
Lord of Lords, He’s everything.
Messiah, Jehovah, The Prince of Peace, is He.
Son of Man, Seed of Abraham,
Second Person in the Trinity. (Repeat 4 times)

He is the Alpha and Omega,
The Son of God, the King of Kings,
The Messiah, Jehovah, The Great I Am,
Seed of Abraham.

He is the Alpha and Omega,
the Beginning and the End.
Son of God, King of Kings.
The Lord of Everything.
He is Lord!!

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment