Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Making

 
Thoughts for Cheri
April 24, 2004
“I’m trying to make decisions about my future but since I’m tired of making decisions that’s hard.  I’ve thought about moving to Lexington but am not sure.  If I do stay in Louisville I’m thinking of looking for a two-bedroom apartment.  Don’t you wish God would just say, ‘do this’ sometimes?”
“I don’t like my job and things are tense around here.  I’m trying to get my car ac fixed, my wheels need to be aligned, and my tires rotated.  I need someone I trust to look at my tires and see if I need new ones.  There’s also a small oil leak in the engine. It’s just too many things to decide for someone who wasn’t allowed to make many decisions for so many years.”
“Sometimes I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up the next morning with all these decisions made and done.  Actually the little daily things are harder than the big ones.”
Decisions.  We make them every day.  Of course I made decisions when I was married but almost every one of them was based on keeping him happy or maybe I should say not making him angry.  I never made major decisions, we always did what he wanted.  He didn’t value my opinion.
I went from those circumstances to being totally responsible for just about every decision in my life.  It was a gigantic change.  As I look back over the past 14 years I’m astounded at the number of major decisions I made. 
All of these decisions were made easier by the best decision I ever made in my life and it was made when I was 9 years old.  I asked Jesus to be Savior and Lord of my life.  Since then my walk with Him has grown by leaps and bounds.  I’ve shared earlier in this blog how my relationship with God deepened as I sought to improve my marriage.  That didn’t happen but my relationship with Him has become the most important thing in my life.  It’s only through His love, mercy, grace, provision, and guidance that I’m where I am and the person I am today.  This is why this is one of my favorite scripture passages:
 
Notice it says “with all your heart” and “in all your ways”.  This is no part time when I feel like it relationship.  It’s all or nothing.  Thankfully God knows me and He knows there are days, moments even, when this is easier said than done.  This is when He’s sent people and/or events into my life to encourage me in my walk.  I’m so very grateful that He loves me so much that He wants what’s best for me. 
If you know God, I mean really know Him in an intimate way because of His Son Jesus Christ, please trust and acknowledge Him and He will guide your decisions.  He never fails.
If you don’t know Him He’s waiting on you.  His word tells us that:
This will be the best and most important decision you have ever made in your life.
Father,
Words cannot express my gratitude for Your love that has saved me.
I hope that the life I live will be proof of how thankful I am.
Today I pray for Your child who may not remember the richness of Your love.
And I pray especially for those who have never experienced that love for themselves.
Open eyes, ears, minds, hearts, and souls to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
In His Precious Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment