Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas is Here!

Excerpts from my journal:   My first Christmas as a divorced woman:
December 24, 2003
“Brunch at work.  Left at noon.  Started pizza at 5 p.m.  Tim, Tanya, and Roger arrived.  Ate pizza and opened Christmas presents.  Talked and read Christmas story.  Tanya and Roger left.  Tim slept on couch.  Wonderful evening.”
December 25, 2003
“Got up and ate sweet rolls with Tim.  Drove to Winchester-arrived while they were opening presents-received special pillow, silver cross, puzzle board.  Rest of day good and relaxing.”
December 26, 2003
“Easy day.  Went shopping with Pat.  Tim and I left around 1:30 p.m.  Home.  Tim left.  Rested.”
This was a sweet Christmas with family.  It was one of the most relaxed ones I’d had in years.  The only thing I cooked was my homemade pizza for Christmas Eve.  No fear involved.  Just being with people who loved me.  A simple celebration with people I loved and who loved me.  That’s what Christmas should be.
Today Christmas is more about Jesus than it’s ever been in my life.  Don’t get me wrong, I always celebrated His birth in various ways over the years.  I loved the carols, church services, and making a birthday cake for Jesus but I know now the Reason for this Season was not always the focus of my celebration.  It is now.
This is why I want to wish anyone who reads these words a Blessed Christmas, a Christmas that is full of love, hope, and joy as represented by the One whose birth we celebrate.  Jesus Christ is born!
Father,
You sent Your Son!
To be born as a baby of humble beginnings.
The King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
Born in a stable.
Walked the earth as a humble man teaching and preaching.
Suffered, bled, and died in my place.
Arose from the tomb.
Ascended to Your presence.
Is preparing a place for me.
Will return victorious one day.
Hallelujah!
HE IS LORD!

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment