Thursday, December 29, 2016

God-given desires

Thoughts for Cheri
December 31, 2003
“I did have a wonderful Christmas.  It was nice to be without the fear.  All we did when I was married was open presents and then he made the kids work until time to eat and then they worked some more.  I was supposed to be doing something too.  He usually came up with all kinds of things he wanted to do that involved work.  Heaven forbid you just enjoy!  This Christmas Eve with the kids was wonderful.  No fear, anxiety, or upset.  We just enjoyed being together.  It was nice.”
“Tuesday night at the grocery store (why does so much happen there?) I became aware that I was carrying myself in a different way.  I am standing taller and prouder than I used to and I look people in the eyes when I pass them.  I even smile and nod at them.  What an amazing difference that I would notice it so much!”
“I’m excited about the changes God is making in my life and I’m ready to get on with them.  I don’t know why but I just feel like when I wake up tomorrow morning it’s truly going to be a New Year and a New Beginning for Ginny Holcombe.  Praise God!”
I post some of these entries so that anyone reading this can see just exactly what God has done in my life.  My hope is that if you are in a similar situation you will cry out to Him.  Just be ready for His answer because it probably won’t be what you expect.  It certainly wasn’t for me.  However, His answer has proven to be what’s best for me. 
That’s why my focus today is on “Tuesday night at the grocery store (why does so much happen there?) I became aware that I was carrying myself in a different way.  I am standing taller and prouder than I used to and I look people in the eyes when I pass them.  I even smile and nod at them.  What an amazing difference that I would notice it so much!”  It’s amazing to me the difference God made in my life in 8 short months.  I was so timid and felt invisible and unwanted by everyone except my kids.  I was intimidated in every social situation.  I am no longer that way praise the Lord.
I can say that the feeling I had that New Year's Eve of a New Beginning was right. Today I’m a church receptionist.  I spend my days greeting people in person and on the phone.  I assist them and staff members all day long.  I love sharing smiles and giving hugs.  I’m shown daily that I matter to other people.  They miss me when I’m not around.  It’s a good feeling. My life is not perfect because I live in a fallen world but it is wonderful.  God has given me the desires of my heart in so many ways because I sought His desires for my life.  And His desires are always best. 
That’s my message for today.  Father really does know best and He allows in His child’s life the people and events that bring that best to each life.  All we have to do is ask in faith.
Father,
My heart’s desire is to serve You all the days of my life.
Thank You for placing this desire in my heart
And for fulfilling it each day I am given to live for You.
Thank You for New Beginnings!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment