Monday, December 5, 2016

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

Thoughts for Cheri:
December 3, 2003
“This has been a rough week so far.  I have been sad and angry most of the week.  It is not consuming, but it is a very present reality.”
“My main thought right now seems to be that I am just tired.  I am tired of the pain.  I am tired of thinking about everything.  I am tired of the struggle.  I am trying to determine how to rest in God as I know I am to do because I still have to get up and go to work in the morning.  I still have to make decisions every day.  The little things seem to be the hardest because there are so many of them.  How do I rest in Him when I still have to live this life I have right now?  I want to, I just don’t know how to.”
“I wish I could just turn off my brain and stop thinking sometimes.  I am learning to take the thoughts I don’t want to have captive and give them to God but when I am so tired as I am now, it is harder to do.”
I am very thankful for these rough weeks and days, these sad and angry moments, these periods of overwhelming tiredness.  Why?  Because as I look back over my life I know it’s in these times that I learn how to rest in God.  I learn how to let go and let Him have control.  My faith grows and my hope is restored in the hard times, not the easy moments.  
Nowhere in God's word does He promise His child an easy life.  In fact it's just the opposite.  Jesus Himself gives a warning followed by a promise:  



It’s in the times of trial and tribulation that I realize I can’t do it.  I don’t have the strength or wisdom to face difficulties on my own.  Praise God, I don’t have to!  He has ALWAYS been there when I call and/or reach out to Him.  The thing is, I must come to the end of myself before I admit my need for a Savior.  And oh how sweet it is to trust in Him!


Father,
It is so sweet to trust in Jesus!
Thank You for this precious gift so freely given by Your Son.
Open lives to the wonder of it all during this Christmas season.
In the precious Name of Jesus,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment