Friday, June 3, 2016

Beginnings

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.
2 Corinthians 1-3-5

     This blog is born out of a struggle I've walked through with God. Actually, it's born out of several smaller struggles within a bigger one.  This struggle I believe was between the hold Satan had on certain parts of my life and God who demanded to be the only Lord and Master I have.  Fear kept me in bondage for too long until God in His mercy freed me.
     The tug of war for my life began in the last months of 2002 and continued until April of 2003 when the first battle began.  This battle had several stages over the last 13 years as I recovered from the loss of a dream.  The battle which I'm presently waging is my desire to find the purpose God has planned for my life. I'm hoping this blog will touch other lives but I'm also praying God will use it to enable me to dig deep into my soul and recover dreams and passions I lost years ago. 
     In the verses quoted above we find the promise that God will use what we've gone through to bless and help others.  My desire is for my struggles to show others how God is faithful and how it is in the afflictions that we share in Christ's sufferings so we can then share His love with others.
     In the coming days I'll be sharing excerpts from journals and writings from over the years that I hope will be of benefit to others. I'll be reading these for the first time since I wrote them.  I sense that it's going to be life-changing to walk again the path I trod in the last 14 years through the end of my marriage and the beginning of a blessed life.  I invite anyone who feels inclined to do so to join me in this journey and to share with me your thoughts, feelings, questions, and answers as we travel.
     Most of all I pray that my Father will guide my thoughts, words, and deeds during this journey.  I can truly say I'm not fearful about this trip.  The emotions I'm feeling are similar to ones I had when I flew to California a few years ago.  I'm excited and nervous yet grounded in the knowledge and faith that I'm not traveling alone.  My Father is with me all the way and the outcome is in His hands.  Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment