Thursday, June 16, 2016

Healing Steams of Love



            I’ve seen this picture on my computer before and thought it was amazing.  When I saw it again today this time of reading my journal and recalling this major event in my life gave me a new thought about this miracle of God’s. 

When I look at the left half of this picture I see my life for the 32 years of my marriage.  I existed in a dark, murky atmosphere where the person I was meant to be disappeared from view.  I didn’t know what my purpose for living was.  Of course things didn’t become as clear as the water on the right the week after my marriage ended but my view of one aspect of those 32 years began to come into focus.  When I was told that he had never loved me I stopped wondering why I was treated badly by a person who claimed to love me and had vowed to be faithful till death did us part.  That was rather enlightening to say the least!

I love the ocean.  Anyone who knows me will tell you I love being near water and I’d live right on the ocean if I could.  Oceans, lakes, ponds, rivers, brooks, and creeks draw me closer to the Lord.  The sounds, scents, sights, and feel of water refresh my soul.  The ocean air rejuvenates my body, mind and soul.  


When I reflect on the happenings of the weeks following April 4 I see how God used people, places, and events to do the same.  He began to revitalize and refresh the innermost part of my being almost immediately.  At first it was tiny like a trickle from a rock formation but over time it has become a gushing flowing overwhelming assurance of His presence in my life. 
The Holy Spirit began pouring healing streams of love over me before April 4, 2003.  In the coming days I’ll share stories of the ways my life was amazingly impacted by these floods of sadness, despair, caring, and love.  The peace of God moved through my life just as Isaiah said:
Hold on.  The journey has just begun and God is about to take this daughter of His on an amazing and wild ride.  I hope you'll join me and be blessed in the doing so.



No comments:

Post a Comment