Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The world can't take this away!

February 13, 2004
Thoughts for Cheri:
“Right now I’m content with my life.  There are things I would change if I could but the present is okay.  I believe I’m exactly where God wants me to be right now.  I have desires and dreams but I now understand the verse about being content whatever my circumstances.  It’s amazing and wonderful.  I feel deep abiding peace and joy that I’ve never experienced before.  It’s always present even when I cry or feel lonely.  I’m so thankful for this.”
“I feel deep abiding peace and joy that I’ve never experienced before.  It’s always present even when I cry or feel lonely.  I’m so thankful for this.”  Deep abiding peace and joy can only be from God.  Jesus Himself promised that those who follow Him will be given both of these:

If you have not experienced this peace and joy there is no way I can explain it.  It’s real and it’s wonderful.  To this day I’m never without His peace and joy.  Even when sadness strikes they are there like an underground stream flowing through my life.  This is what gives me hope even in the most difficult of days.  Paul’s words in Romans reflect this exactly:
I love the days when that underground stream bursts forth and hope flows out of me into the lives of others.  God gives hope so that as I trust Him I am filled with joy and peace which in turn produces more hope in me.  This hope, joy, and peace fills me to overflowing and bubbles over and splashes onto wounded souls around me.  This all comes from the love God has for His children.
I love being an instrument God uses to touch and change lives.  It just takes willingness to believe, trust, and grow in faith to make a difference for His Kingdom.
The world and its false promises can never give this to us.  Please, if you don’t know the One whose promises are always true please seek Him out today.  He’s waiting for you.  His name is Jesus.
Father,
Hope, peace, and joy come only from the love You give.
Open hearts and minds to Your truths today.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment