Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Where Can I Find:

Thoughts for Cheri:
Prayer continued:
“I am so bored in my job.  I do it to the best of my ability but it is so slow right now.  I have been thankful for the lack of stress, the benefits, the hours, and seeing Tanya every day.  I’m also thankful for being here with her during this difficult time as she recovers from her miscarriage.  I am thankful for the kind people who work here and for the friendships I’ve developed over these years.”
“However, I am now experiencing a desire for something more challenging.  My gifts, talents, and interests are taking root as I discover who I am and who You created me to be.  I desire a place of service.  I desire a flexible schedule in a setting where I can travel, work at home, and in an office.  I don’t know where or what this would be but if it is from You, You do.”
I want to write, I want to visit people, I want to teach or counsel.  I am willing to be trained however You provide for me to be.  I want a place where I can learn as I serve and grow in my ministry to which I believe You have called me.”
“However, I am now experiencing a desire for something more challenging.”  This is the first glimmer of a prayer that grew into something amazing and led me to where I am today.  I had ideas of what I thought I wanted and God has granted some of them.  Some of them are no longer desires of my heart.  Some of them are still glowing embers in my soul that may fan into flames one day.  The point is, I had these desires, I professed them to God, and I trusted Him to answer in His time and His will.  That’s what praying in Jesus’ name is all about.
“I desire, I desire, I want, I want, I want, I want.”  Lots of “I” statements in there.  That’s okay.  God wants to hear our heart’s desires.  The key, however, is I don’t know where or what this would be but if it is from You, You do.”  “If” is a big little word.  In this case it signifies my willingness to accept His will for my life, my desires.  I laid my requests before Him in expectation that He would answer in His time and His purpose.  That’s what prayer is. 
When I’ve laid my requests before God I am to leave them there and allow His peace to fill my life and guard my heart and mind.  That’s just one of the benefits of having Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  I hope that anyone who is reading this and doesn’t know Him will seek Him and invite Him into your life so you will know this peace that passes all understanding.  If you do know Him, trust His heart and His plans.  It’s the only way to live!
Father,
Only You can give me perfect peace.
This perfect peace comes from knowing Jesus Christ as Savior & Lord of my life.
Thank You for this marvelous gift.
In His Precious Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment