Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Am I Willing To:

Thoughts for Cheri:
Prayer continued:
“Open my eyes, ears, mind, and heart to opportunities You have for me.  I surrender all to You.  Whatever You ask I am willing to do.  I lay my life, my desires, my plans, my hopes, my dreams at Your feet and give myself to be used by and for You for the furtherance of Your Kingdom work.”
“Take my life and lead me.  Empty me of all that hinders me from serving You to the fullest extent possible.  Remove anything that hinders me from being what You want me to be.”
This should be my prayer every day.  The truth is I do better on some days than on others.  Thankfully God knows this is my heart’s desire my heart.  He also knows on too many days my flesh fails.  That’s why this is one of my favorite passages from His word:
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
Yahweh is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the whole earth.
He never grows faint or weary;
there is no limit to His understanding.
 He gives strength to the weary
and strengthens the powerless.
Youths may faint and grow weary,
and young men stumble and fall,
but those who trust in the Lord
will renew their strength;
they will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary;
they will walk and not faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31
I don’t have to do this in my own strength.  When I do surrender all to Him, when I do lay everything before Him, when I do empty myself of things that hinder me, He takes what I offer and fills me with His strength.  He places in me everything I need to serve Him as He leads.  Willingness is the only thing required of me.  Jesus Himself made this abundantly clear:
“Take up thy cross and follow me,” 
I heard my Master say; 
“I gave me life to ransom thee, 
Surrender your all today.”

CHORUS:
Wherever He leads I’ll go, 
Wherever He leads I’ll go,
I’ll follow my Christ who loves me so, 
Wherever He leads I’ll go.

He drew me closer to His side, 
I sought His will to know,
And in that will I now abide, 
Wherever He leads I’ll go. 

It may be through the shadows dim, 
Or o’er the stormy sea,
I take my cross and follow Him, 
Wherever He leadeth me.
B.B. McKinney
Am I willing to daily do this?  That's the question.
Father,
I love that when You ask me to “follow Me” 
You know I’m totally incapable of doing so on my own.
I love that You’ve already promised to give me exactly what I need to do this.
All I have to do is to be willing and to lay down my life.
Seems only fair since Jesus laid His down for me.
Thank You!
In His Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment