Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Remember:



Thoughts for Cheri
March 27, 2004
“From Getting Past Your Past by Susan Wilkinson (p. 158).  ‘God is completely sovereign and thoroughly good, no matter what the circumstances…Our pain is never for nothing—even the pain caused by our own poor choices.’”
“In this book the author says God does not have a plan A and B and C etc. for our lives.  He is not caught by surprise by the choices we make or by things that are done to us.  Because He is God and He knows what is going to come into our lives, He uses all these things to prepare us for the purpose for which we were created.  This makes sense to me and is so freeing.  Not that I want to mess up anymore.  But I can move past my past and into the present and future with the assurance that He is and has been in control.  Now, when I began regretting, I will remember this, rebuke Satan, and ask Jesus to reveal His thoughts to me.  Praise God!”
Wow!  I’d forgotten about this.  I’m so glad God led me to write my thoughts and that I included this.  I’m so glad God led me to revisit what I wrote during this time.  This journey into my past is blessing me in ways I cannot fathom.  He is such a wonderful Heavenly Father!
There are moments when I wonder what my life would look like if I had made different choices.  I cannot regret my marriage because from it God blessed me with 3 wonderful children and my beautiful and handsome grandchildren.   If I regret anything it would be instances from my marriage, times I should have stood up for myself or my kids, times I should have spoken up when I disagreed with opinions he expressed, times I allowed fear to keep me from doing what I knew was right and best.  I will say that when it came to my kids I did protect them as best I could.  I do regret the times I failed but I no longer blame myself.  I know I did the best I could at that time.  It’s what was and I believe God has used it to make each of us stronger.  I’m extremely thankful for the adults my kids have become and I give God all the glory!
As a child of God, saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and called to serve Him while I walk on this earth, I’m grateful that He is sovereign.  Nothing surprises Him or catches Him off guard.  He uses the hard times to teach me lessons that will enable me to be a better servant and witness to a lost world.  I believe my purpose is to live each moment of each day the best I can serving Him as He leads and opens doors. 
I use to believe that we were all called to some “big important purpose” before we leave this earth.  Over time I’ve come to realize that the best purpose a child of The King has is to daily love and encourage others while speaking the truth even when it’s not popular.  He may have something major planned for my life.  I don’t know.  I don’t care at this point.  I just want to live in a way that pleases Him, shares His light and love in a dark world, and makes a difference in one life.  If He has more than that for me to do He’ll reveal it in His time.  Until then I’ll just keep living each day for Him open to possibilities and ready to say yes.  I think this song says it well:

Father,
Thank You for taking away any regrets I may have and replacing them with a purpose.
Please open my eyes to opportunities to serve You by helping others daily.
Thank You for allowing me to have a small part in Your Kingdom work.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment