Friday, March 3, 2017

I Love the:

Thoughts for Cheri:
March 4, 2004
“I feel so odd right now.  I feel like God is about to reveal something to me.  Pat gave me Jeremiah 3:33 to help me when I was down Monday.  I’m memorizing it today and ever since I’ve been going over it I’ve just felt like God is telling me something.”
My first thought when I read this is:  I love God’s word.  I love how it speaks to whatever is going on in my life at a given moment.  I love how the underlying message of God’s love, grace, peace, mercy, and hope never changes.  I love how every page points to the Messiah, Jesus Christ who scripture tells us is The Word.  I just love God’s word!
Jesus is the Word made flesh.  By His life, death, and resurrection He revealed the Father to a dying world.  Today scripture continues to reveal Him to a still dying world.  Please if you don’t know Him, seek Him in the pages of a Bible.  He will be found if you seek.
Throughout my life God has used His word to guide, convict, teach, comfort, encourage, and just enable me to live life.  God’s word is not stagnant.  As the writer of Hebrews says:
The verse I was memorizing this particular week still speaks to me today. 
This is truly a beautiful promise from God which has proven to be true over and over again in my life.  I’ve called to Him in desperation, in sorrow, in repentance, in joy, in seeking, in praise, and in many other ways and He’s always answered.  Maybe not in my time or in the way I desired but always in the right time and best way for me.  Through His word He’s revealed “great and mighty things” especially the power and majesty of Jesus Christ and the faith that sustains me as I walk through valleys and on mountaintops.  He’s amazing!
God’s word is a gift to all of humankind.  Unfortunately it’s a gift too few have chosen to unwrap, even those who profess to be Christians.  Don’t allow someone else to tell you what God’s word says.  Spend time reading it and allow God Himself through His Holy Spirit to reveal the message He has for you.  You will not regret it.  It will change your life.
Father,
You so graciously revealed Your word to men so it could be shared with all of us.
Your word speaks to the hearts and minds of all who open their eyes and ears to see and hear.
Thank You for The Word Who became flesh so we could know You!
In His Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment