Wednesday, March 8, 2017

I am...

Journal entry March 8, 2004
“I do desire a relationship but with someone who cherishes me and lets me be me.”
I know that when I wrote this back in 2004 I was thinking of a human relationship, a man who would cherish and love me for who I am and not try to change me.  When I read this today I realized that I’ve had that kind of relationship since Jesus came into my life and that was a long time ago.
I am cherished by this One who left Heaven to live life on this earth so He could experience and understand this life I live.  I am cherished by this One who walked and taught and loved as an example for me while He lived this life.  I am cherished by this One who gave His life for me.  I am cherished by this One who ascended to Heaven to prepare a place for me.  I am cherished by this One who intercedes for me before His Father.  I am cherished by this One who is waiting to welcome me Home one day.  I am cherished.
Jesus knows and understands me.  He does help me change but it is always for the best.  He wants me to the person I was created to be which is wonderful.  He allows me to make choices and when I make the wrong one He’s still there helping me pick up the pieces.  He doesn’t ridicule or accuse me.  He lovingly guides me on the path that He’s prepared for me.  This is so different from the way I was treated in my marriage.
For as long as I can remember, through the good and bad, the easy and difficult, the glad and sad, Jesus has been a part of my life.  I can honestly say I’ve never doubted Him.  I’ve doubted other aspects of my beliefs and that’s natural but I have never doubted the love or presence of Jesus Christ in my life.  Even as a child I had this blessed assurance that He would always take care of me.  I’m so thankful for this gift of faith even though I certainly don’t understand it.
This assurance has been magnified over the last 14 years as I’ve traveled a sometimes treacherous path.  He’s never ever let me down.  I could fill a book with the ways He’s taken care of me.  Spiritual, physical, mental, psychological, and every other need I’ve had have been met and overcome in a myriad of ways throughout my life.  He’s provided well beyond my simple needs and blessed me abundantly.  I don’t understand why He’s done this for me but at this point in my life my deep longing is to serve Him daily in gratitude for His marvelous gifts.
“I do desire a relationship but with someone who cherishes me and lets me be me.”  These words written years ago reflected a desire that had already been met.  The One who knows my needs and desires before I even have a glimmer of a thought about them answered my unspoken cry.  He will do the same for you when you reach out to Him in faith.  He’s waiting.
Father,
I have a wonderful relationship with Your Son Jesus Christ.
It’s only possible because You willingly sacrificed Him for a dying world.
Thank You!
Help others to desire this same relationship.
In His Name,

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment