Wednesday, February 1, 2017

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Journal Entry:
February 1, 2004
“Good worship, hard day.  I’ve been crying-I feel abandoned and alone, even at church.  I feel like no one cares.  I know better but I don’t have anyone special-a friend-in my life.  I didn’t even feel accepted at church today.  I wonder if Satan is attacking me to keep me from hearing God.  It won’t work.”
"Feel."  Feelings can be good things.  Without feelings we may be harsh and cold towards others.  Love, joy, and peace are feelings that bless our lives.  However, Satan often uses feelings to feed us lies.  This is what he was doing to me.  I know now that, yes, he was attacking me to keep me from hearing God.  Satan uses every tool possible to keep us from the love and acceptance only found in our Heavenly Father.  His tactics are so different from the ways God treat us.
In this case Satan was attacking me in many ways.  His lies were causing me to believe no one cared.  He still does that sometime today but because of my experiences over the years I’ve learned to recognize his tricks and I’ve learned to
When I hear Satan whispering lies to frighten, confuse, or discourage me I rebuke him in the name of Jesus.  It works.  He cannot stand against our Lord and Savior. 
If your faith is in Jesus Christ, the next time you experience the weapons of Satan remember what only God can do.  He stills, reassures, calms, and comforts you and so much more if you just rely on Him. 
That day in February 2004 when I was feeling so abandoned I still knew that God is stronger than Satan and able to keep me.  That’s reflected in “It won’t work.”  Even in the midst of a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day my faith overcame the evil that was meant against me.  I claim the promises found in His word and He is faithful.
So how do you handle a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?  Give it to the One who cares.
Father,
You blessed me with feelings that delight my soul.
Satan distorts those feelings to discourage me.
Thank You for Your promises that help me overcome his attacks.
Thank You most of all for the power that is found in the Name of Jesus.
In that blessed Name I pray,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment