Monday, February 27, 2017

In Prayer Be:

Thoughts for Cheri:
February 26, 2004
“God is bringing to my attention through ladies Bible study, scripture reading, and my devotionals the need to be bold in my requests.  I want to be bold and I want to ask in Jesus’ name so that I will be asking for what He desires in my life.”
This week I will be sharing a prayer I wrote.  Here’s the beginning:
“Father, I want to be bold in my asking.  I want to be in Your will in my asking.  I pray that Your Spirit will guide me as I present my desires and needs to You.”
Because of Jesus Christ I can be bold in the presence of God.  I need not be timid or fearful in making my requests known to Him.  What I do need to be is genuine in my desire for His will to be done in my life.  I need to ask in the name of Jesus. 
What I must remember is that when I ask in His name I must ask for something that agrees with His character and purpose.  It also must please Him.  When I ask in His name I choose to represent Him to the world.  That’s a serious position to be in and I cannot take it lightly. 
That being said I do not have to fear asking for the wrong thing.  If I’m genuinely seeking His will I need to be open to His leading.  It’s in the asking that He can change my heart and place His will and purpose in my life. 
I didn’t know it then but this prayer was the beginning of major changes in my life.  Some requests have been answered.  Others have not.  Some may be on hold.  Others may never happen. 
That’s the thing about prayer.  When I pray in Jesus’ name I place my life in His hands.  I give Him power and authority to shape what my life looks like each day.  There are certainly no better hands to be in than those that formed me, hold me, guide me, and protect me. 
 
Be bold before Your Father.  But be ready for Him to answer in ways that may surprise you.  I can tell you from experience He often gives me what I ask for but not what I expected.  It is always what’s best.  He is God after all!
Father,
You honor my prayer when I come boldly before Your throne in the name of Jesus.
You change my heart and mind to match Your perfect will.
I am so thankful to be held in Your loving hands.
You are God alone!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment