Friday, February 10, 2017

Handprints

February 9, 2004
Journal Entry:
“Left for home @ 9 a.m.  Good trip.  Some rain/snow mix in KY but no bad roads.  Good day-glad to be home.  ‘I love You!’”
Thoughts for Cheri:
“Many times when we look forward to something there is no way it can meet our expectations, but like Praise Gathering, this exceeded mine.  It was wonderful!  I’m doing fine right now.  I’m content with the present and excited about the future.”
“Many times when we look forward to something there is no way it can meet our expectations, but like Praise Gathering, this exceeded mine.  It was wonderful!”   I still look back on the year following my divorce in amazement.  God overwhelmed me with love in so many different ways.  Big ones like Praise Gathering and this retreat, little ones like a kind word or hug, sweet moments when happiness filled my being, and even difficult times when tears cascaded down my cheeks.  I say that because it was in the difficulties that I saw and felt His loving presence the most.  I’m grateful for them all.
“I’m doing fine right now.  I’m content with the present and excited about the future.”  I like these statements.  I like the faith shown in these words.  I will tell you I still had some rough days & weeks ahead of me but I didn’t know that when I wrote this.  I see a woman who was living in the present, accepting what God brought into her life each day and trusting what was to come.  I like that.  I give the glory to God for that.  It’s only through His grace and mercy that this is possible.
God’s love has been the sustaining factor throughout my life.  Even in the years of my marriage I see His handprints all over my life.  I see His provision, protection, providence, and power displayed over and over again.  I am grateful for:
Father,
Your handprints have touched my life since the day I was conceived.
Thank You for the hands of Your children who have touched my life over the years.
These handprints signify the people, places, events, and times that have impacted my life.
Thank You most of all for the handprints of Jesus who has healed and saved me.
Teach me to be His hands and feet touching a weary world.
In His Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment