Thursday, October 20, 2016

I am Valuable

Thoughts for Cheri continued:
November 5, 2003
 “I thought about the feeling I have had that the past 32 years have been wasted.  I decided that, even though I might not have been where God wanted me to be because of choices I made and of ones that were made by my ex, they were not wasted years.  God doesn’t waste anything.  I believe God is going to restore to me what I’ve lost.  It will be done in His will and His time but that is what I desire.”
“I thought about the feeling I have had that the past 32 years have been wasted." This was 13 years ago.  I still believe that God doesn’t waste anything but recently God gave me a different way of looking at this.  God knew before I said yes to a marriage proposal what my marriage was going to be like.  God knew each and every decision that would affect my life.  God knew!
God is never surprised by what happens in and to His creation.  I don’t understand this but I believe it.  His word tells me that He works ALL things for my good.  He sees the good, bad, and ugly and weaves these into His plans for me.  Before I was born He set into motion events and relationships that have and will direct me to His purpose for my life, the reason He allowed me to be born in the first place.  Again, I don’t understand this but I believe it.  Remember:
I don’t know if this is making any sense to those reading this.  I know my finite mind cannot fathom the depth of this infinite God.  I’m glad I can’t.  I don’t want to worship a god I can understand.  I desire a God who is infinitely more than I could ever comprehend.  The God of the Bible, the Creator of the universe, the Savior of the world is just that.  I don’t understand why He did but I’m thankful He chose me as His child.
“I believe God is going to restore to me what I’ve lost.”  The thing is, in looking back I realize how much He gave me in those years that I thought were wasted.  First of all of course are my kids and grandkids.  I love and cherish them more than I can say.  But beyond that the experiences, friendships, and lessons learned are immeasurable to me.  They’ve added immeasurably to the woman I am today.
He has restored things I lost.  He has restored relationships with family and friends old and new.  He has renewed my confidence, my feeling of worth, and my sense of security.  He has reawakened the sense of wonder I had as a child.  He’s given me a job I always thought I’d enjoy and it’s also my ministry.  He’s given me a lovely dwelling place where I can rest and be restored each evening and a sweet little puppy with whom I can share my life.  Best of all He’s restored the JOY of my salvation and my relationship with Him through Jesus Christ!  His presence in all the days of my life is what’s given it value.  I matter because He says so.
Father.
Immeasurable, Almighty God!
Thank You!
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment