Monday, October 3, 2016

Something Beautiful


Journal Entry:
October 29, 2003
“What a day!  The service engine light came on when I started the car and it ran rough.  I headed to BP.  He said it was probably dirty injectors and it could be $100-$400. I had them check the brakes too.  Tanya picked me up and we got to work right at 8 a.m.  They called about the car-only $134.  PTL!  And they brought it to me.  I’m so thankful Bob led me to them.  The gentleman told me the wheels need aligned and I need new tires on back.  I’m glad he drove it.  Went home and then made it to church.  Talked to several friends.  Dr. Moore taught-he is so good!  Got to talk with Cheri for a few minutes.  All in all I feel so much stronger.  ‘I love You, Lord!’”
October 30, 2003
“Halloween party @ work-food, food, food!  Not much work.  Stopped at Dollar Tree and got gifts for Operation Christmas Child.  I had a feeling of fear in pit of my stomach and don’t know why.  I’m holding fast to God.  It’s almost like last Sunday morning was.  What is going to happen!  Watched Gaither Australia and cried at ‘Something Beautiful, Something Good’.  God is at work in my life.  I must fear Him, trust Him, and wait on Him.  ‘I love You!’”
The October 29th posting reminds me of just how much and how well God has taken care of me over the years.  During the months after my divorce He settled me in such a great place.  He surrounded me with godly people who loved and encouraged me.  When I had a need He always provided exactly who, what and when to take care of me.  I don’t know why I’m amazed at that because He did this before my divorce and He still does it today.  But I think He likes amazing me with His grace, mercy, love and provision.  He please Him.
The October 30th entry reminds me to see the feeling of fear in the pit of my stomach as a blessing.  I still experience it from time to time today.  I believe it is the Holy Spirit reminding me that I needed to rely on God and not on others, circumstances, or self.  It’s like physical pain that warns me of an injury or illness.  It lets me know there’s something I need to prepare for or examine in my life.  It also always leads me to reach out to God, to seek His face, His presence, and His guidance.  I would be more concerned if I didn’t experience this because scripture tells us God disciplines those He loves.
The song “Something Beautiful, Something Good” by Bill & Gloria Gaither expresses completely what God has and is doing in my life.  He can do this in every life when you surrender to Him and allow Him to have His way.  It’s the best decision you’ll ever make.  It’s life-changing and life-saving. 
Something beautiful, something good
All my confusion He understood
All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife
But He made something beautiful of my life
If there ever were dreams
so lofty and noble
They were my dreams at the start
And the hopes for life's best were the hopes
That I harbored down deep in my heart
But my dreams turned to ashes
And my castles all crumbled, my fortune turned to loss
So I wrapped it all in the rags of my life
And laid it at the cross.
CHORUS
Something beautiful, something good
All my confusion He understood
All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife
But he made something beautiful of my life
He made something beautiful of my life...of my life.
I have no idea where you are in your life when you are reading this.  I do know that God knows where you are and what you need.  The first thing you need is Jesus.  When you have Him in your life that doesn’t mean that everything will be perfect.  It does mean that He is making something beautiful in the good, bad, and ugly of your life.  That’s really what matters isn’t it?
Father,
Thank You for always providing just what I need at just the right time.
Thank You for loving me enough to discipline me.
Thank You for taking all the “stuff” of my life and making it beautiful.
You are amazing!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment