Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Joy Unspeakable


Journal Entries:
November 8, 2003
“Wonderful day!”
November 9, 2003
“What a glorious day!”
November 10, 2003
“Great day!  I had a letdown this evening.”
November 11, 2003
“Underlying sadness today but still joy.  That is such a strange mixture.”
November 12, 2003
“Still dealing with sadness.”
November 13, 2003
“This has been a tough week but I am walking through it.  I had a good but sad day.  Cried a little but not too much.”
These are excerpts from my journal that I found interesting.  I believe they’re a reflection of life.  Happy days and sad days.  Easy days and hard days.  Most often a day contains a myriad of emotions.  God has given us the time we have and fills each day with enough joy and sorrow to draw us to Himself.
The statements that jumped out at me were “Underlying sadness today but still joy.  That is such a strange mixture.”  All these years later I don’t see this as a strange mixture at all.  I now walk through life, every bit of it, with joy.  Remember what Jesus said:

When Jesus enters a life He brings many things with Him.  One of these is an abiding and full joy that the most terrible circumstance cannot diminish or destroy.  How marvelous is this Joy Unspeakable!  As you listen to this wonderful song read the words so they can penetrate to the deepest level of your soul.

I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth every need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.
Refrain:
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory;
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Oh, the half has never yet been told.
I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing, I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.
I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.
I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll;
It is like a great o’erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.
I hope you have this joy unspeakable in your life.  If you have Jesus, you do.  You just need to tap into the resources He brings to your life each day.  You do this by spending time with Him and in His word.  He really is all we need. 
Father,
Thank You for sorrow that causes me to seek Your face.
Thank You for joy unspeakable that makes the sorrow sweeter.
Thank You for all the days and times of my life.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment