Thursday, November 10, 2016

Faith or sight?

Journal Entries:
November 17, 2003
“That feeling won’t go away but I refuse to let it control me.  I am walking by faith-faith in the Creator who loves me and only does and gives what’s best for me.  God is good!  ‘I love You!’”
November 18, 2003
“I am fighting that fear-it will not win.  Dolores and I talked quite a bit.  I’m so glad to have a friend like her at work.  I’ve never had that before.  ‘Thank You, Lord!’  I said ‘Yes’ to God before bed.  Whatever He asks I say ‘Yes, Lord, yes!  I love You, Lord!’”
I smile when I read these positive entries in my journal.  Even though I was walking through a valley at this time my faith held strong.  This is not a credit to me.  My loving Father gave to me the gift of faith before I was born.  I’ve always known that God would take care of me.  And He always has.
“That feeling won’t go away but I refuse to let it control me.  I am walking by faith-faith in the Creator who loves me and only does and gives what’s best for me.”  Walking by faith and not by sight does not mean I blindly go my way through the world.  It means I see through eyes of faith based on God’s promises and His assurance that He’s with me no matter what.   It means remembering that He’s never failed me yet.  It means knowing that He sees and knows everything from the beginning of time to the end.  It means trusting what I read in His word.  Romans 10:17 says:
You cannot follow directions if you don’t listen to them.  This is true in any endeavor but especially when it comes to living the life God has generously and lovingly prepared for you.  Read His word, spend time in prayer listening more than talking, and allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide.  Open your life to Him.  You will be transformed into the person God want you to be.
“Dolores and I talked quite a bit.  I’m so glad to have a friend like her at work.  I’ve never had that before.”  Dolores is a sweet Christian lady who I worked with at my job in Louisville.  She and I became fast friends and were able to support each other through some major and minor life events.  Her friendship helped me learn that I could be honest about my feelings and struggles with someone and not be rejected.  She also gave me the opportunity to be a friend and an encourager when she faced trials and struggles.  We all need that in our lives, don’t we?
Wherever you go, whatever you do, whoever you’re with in this journey of life make certain God is the One guiding you.  Listen to His word, follow His leading, and walk by faith.  The surprises He has planned for you will bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart.  I know.  He does it for me every day.
Father,
Thank You for the gifts You give each day.
Thank You for the blessings of faith and friendship.
Thank You for surprises that make me smile.
Thank You for joy that never ends.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment