Thursday, November 17, 2016

Whose life am I living?

Thoughts for Cheri
November 19, 2003
“I also see how my personality is changing.  I took the personality test at SECC in May of this year.  The results were that I was a peaceful phlegmatic.  I took it again this week on my own.  I prayed before I started that God would direct me in answering and that I would be as honest as I could be with where I am right now.  The directions said that if you had trouble answering to think of what you would have said as a child.  I thought of myself before 1963 on several of the answers.  This time I came out heavily as a popular sanguine.  Besides Cheri and Pat, Dolores is probably the person I have most revealed myself to lately and she probably knows me better than most anyone else does.  Without any prompting or talking beforehand I asked her to read the descriptions of each personality and to tell me where she thought I fit.  She said when she first met me I was phlegmatic.  In the past few months, however, she has seen more the sanguine in me.  I see the test I took this week as being a mixture of who I have been and who I am becoming.  It hurts some to know that I allowed him to inhibit the person I was meant to be.  It is exciting and scary to discovering that person.”
Here are charts that describe these two personalities:
There is nothing wrong with either of these personality types.  We can be a mixture of more than one.  For instance, I know I’m not an extrovert.  Yes I love talking to people, making friends, and having fun.   However, one trait of extroverts is that being around people energizes them.  Not me.  I NEED my quiet time in the evenings to recharge for the next time.  I love my alone time.  I do avoid conflict as often as possible.   I’m definitely an introvert. 
However, most of the description is right on.  I am a talker and very much the optimist.  I enjoy embracing life in a childlike way.  I do live in the present most of the time.  I do enjoy receiving compliments.  I love to tell stories and am usually cheerful.  I hope I bubble over with the joy.
The problem comes when we allow someone or something in this life to change the person God made us to be.  That’s what happened to me.  I lost me.  That’s sad.  God creates each individual with the gifts, talents, and personality needed to be the person He desires to use in this world.  However, Satan seeks to destroy that person in any way possible.  If he can prevent God’s created child from living out God’s plan he has won the battle.  I hate that he won that battle in my life for over 32 years.  I love that God delivered me and has restored to me the life He meant for me to live.  I love this promise:
“It hurts some to know that I allowed him to inhibit the person I was meant to be.  It is exciting and scary to discovering that person.”    I’m so thankful God loves me so much that He did not keep me in that inhibiting environment but He delivered me and restored me to abundant living.  Thanks to His love, mercy, and grace I have spent the past 13 years rediscovering the child in me, that little girl who lived life with joy and passion.  I love this quote:
This is my desire.  Even though I’m slowed some by age and health issues I still find that He gives me the energy and strength needed to live this life of reckless abandon for Him.  And He gives me the rest when needed.   Who am I?  I am a child of the King, created in His image, redeemed by His Son, restored by His grace, living a life of reckless abandon for His purpose, and loving every moment of it!
Father,
Creator, Redeemer, Restorer, God!
Thank You for this life You’ve entrusted to me.
Teach me to walk wisely with reckless abandon.
I do love You so!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment