Friday, November 4, 2016

Husband



From my blog post yesterday:

"It was as if nothing I ever did was good enough."

"I had been psychologically and emotionally beaten down 
to the point I thought I was worthless."

This morning in my quiet time God reminded me of these verses:



These are promises God placed in my life 
during that first year after my divorce.
He has done exactly what He promised in verse 4.
I have been delivered from the shame, humiliation, 
and disgrace I lived with for so many years.

Then there's the "widowhood" statement.
Yes, I'm divorced, not widowed.
However, if you've never been there you don't understand 
that for someone like me who meant her vows, 
who thought the man she was marrying 
would cherish and love her "till death do us part',
divorce is a death.

It's the death of a dream.
It's the death of a hope.
It's the death of a life lived.
It's the death of the person I married.

There is grief.
There is sorrow.
There is deep pain.

However, the world views a divorced person 
different than a widow or widower.
There is a stigma attached even today.
That's sad.

Not everyone who is divorced deserved 
or had a voice in the decision.
I didn't.

That's why God's promise that 
"the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more"
is such a balm to my heart and soul.
I no longer feel ashamed when I tell people I'm divorced.
Their thoughts and reactions are not my problem.
 God has freed me to live in victory.

Then there's verse 5!
Wow!
What a blessed and reassuring statement from God.
He's my Husband.

One day I'll write a blog post listing just a few of the ways 
He's proven Himself to be my Husband over the years.
He's helped me with decisions, repairs, and finances.
He's guided me, loved me, comforted me, and dried my tears.
He's provided for me in ways no earthly husband could.
For this I am forever grateful.

Whoever you are, 
whatever you're going through,
God is able.
Call on Him through the Name of His Son Jesus Christ
and He WILL answer.


Just remember, when you ask in His name,
you're asking for His will to be done,
not your own.

And I'm living proof His love never fails 
and His will IS best each life!


No comments:

Post a Comment