Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Vacation Day 2



     I'm still on vacation from remembering this journey I've been on.  Today I'm focusing on one of the best gifts God has given me, music, especially Southern Gospel music and especially the Gaither Vocal Band. When I first heard them sing this wonderful hymn of praise for the amazing grace of our Father it touched me deep in my soul.  What promise is found in the words of this song by John Newton.
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.

The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.

When we've been here ten thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.

     Allows these words to sink deep into your heart and soul as you listen to those beautiful rendition. Meditate on the goodness of the Lord and the amazing grace He is so ready to offer to all who will believe.



     


Father,
Amazing grace is right.
You are amazing!
Your grace is amazing!
Thank You!
In the Name of the One who made grace possible, Jesus Christ,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment