Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Vacation


   

     I've reached a point in this journey where I need a vacation.  I need a break from remembering and reflecting on the mountains, hills, valleys, and curves life threw at me over the past 65+ years.  Right now I don't know if it's going to be a day, a week, or a month but I feel led to change my focus for a bit.
     I'm loving the life God has blessed me with today.  It's not perfect of course because I'm still a human in this fallen world.  But it is the best it's been since I can't remember when.  I have a great job working with great people who love the Lord.  I'm able to serve others daily in big and small ways.   Psalm 84:10 says:


That's what I am, a doorkeeper in a house of the Lord.  I have the privilege of welcoming others to His house each day.  What a blessing.
     God has blessed me with a small apartment that I share with my precious almost 12 year old Jack Russell/Basenji Cinnamon.  It's the perfect place for me to rest and recharge after a day at work.  It's quite quiet for an apartment building.  Here's a the view from my living room off my patio.  


This is in the middle of a city.  Beyond the trees there's a small creek where I often see geese and an occasional blue heron.  In the trees are birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and rabbits.  What a blessing.
     I have family and friends who love and spend time with me.  I have sisters and brothers in Christ who love and encourage me in my daily walk.  What a blessing.


     More than anything though, I have a Father who loves me, His Son who intercedes for me, and the Holy Spirit who guides me.  

     If this was all God gave to me it would more than enough.  I deserve none of it yet He gives me everything I have.  Most of all He gives me the hope of eternal life with Him at the end of this earthly existence.  What a blessing!


Father,
There are no words to express my gratitude for the blessings You've given to me.
Most of all I want my life to show how grateful I am to be Your child.
That's how I can best express my thankfulness to You.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment