Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Live by Faith

Journal Entry:
November 14, 2003
“I am in such a struggle right now.  I had a rough day and had a major meltdown tonight.  First one in weeks.  I believe I am under demonic attack-God must be ready to reveal something to me.  I want to hang on-I am so tired of this!  ‘I love You, Lord.  Please hold me!’”
If this is you right now I want to offer you a word of encouragement.  God does hear.  God does care.  I have been in the struggle with Satan trying to not only discourage me but to destroy my witness.  I have wept bitter tears of anguish and pain.  I have felt abandoned and rejected more times than I can count.  But somehow my faith has carried me through these valleys every time.
When I read my journal I am amazed myself at my faith.  I take no credit for it.  It’s a gift from God.  Somehow I’ve just always known that no matter the circumstance, no matter my feelings, no matter the attack I’m under, God WILL take care of me.


What is faith?  It is defined as “complete trust or confidence in someone of something”.  The only thing is faith in the things of this world will disappoint.  Everyone and everything has the potential to let you down.  People fail us because they are human.  Things fail because they break, rust, or just plain old wear out.  Come to think of so do people! 
So who or what can we have complete trust or confidence in?  I love what Proverbs 3:5-6 says:

Who can we trust completely?  Only God will never fail.  Only God will never disappoint.  I’m not saying this just because I believe it. I’m saying this because I’ve lived it.  Yes, I’ve had disappointments in my life but never once has God been the one doing the disappointing.  People, circumstances, material possessions, and other earthly things will let me down.  Don’t put your faith in these things.
Please, if you are hurting, if you are being abused, if you are in pain, please call out to God.  He will answer you.  It may not be the way you in your humanness want it to be but it will be in the way that is best for your life.  If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, Lord, Master, and Friend please seek Him out.  Accept Him.  He’s waiting for you.
I can tell you without doubt or hesitation that Jesus is the answer.  Hard times will still come but you will never be alone.  God has promised He will never leave you or forsake you.  I know it’s true.  I live it daily.

Father,
Thank You for the gift of faith that carries me through the valleys.
Thank You for the gift of salvation through You Son.
You are amazing and loving.
Wow!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment