Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Faith and the Flood

Journal Entries:
May 25, 2003
“Went to singles class at SECC and felt very welcome.  Worked in apartment rest of day.  Ann came by to see apartment.  Worked till after 1 a.m.  ‘Lord, thank You for Ann and for the strength to do what I have to do.’”
May 26, 2003
“Memorial Day.  Shopping.  Tim came and we bought a computer desk-he put it together and set up my computer.  Judy called to check on me and I talked to Pat.  Got kitchen organized.  ‘Lord, thank You for my new home.’”
May 27, 2003
“Back to work.  Went to Meijer and bought solid oak TV tables.  Worked on odds and ends and bedroom.  Received invitation to graduation party for friend from RV.  May go.  ‘Father, thank You for every day blessings.  Thank You for refuge-help me to be a place of refuge for others.’”
May 28, 2003
“Slow at work.  Home and worked in bedroom.  Hal called and we had nice good long talk.  He and Carie will be here in June to get the dogs we were keeping for them.  That just leaves Babe.  (Again, more about him later).  ‘Father, I am concerned about Babe.  Please take care of him.’”
May 29, 2003
“Morning’s work in system was lost so we had to do it over.  Long day.  Went to grocery and bought shelf-put “blue stuff” (knickknacks) on it.  Cable fixed in bedroom.  Worked in there some.  ‘Lord, I want to serve You; help me to forgive and move on.’”
May 30, 2003
“Long Friday. Out of system at 12 so really long afternoon.  Home and did nothing!  I needed that.  Just enjoyed my apartment.  ‘Lord, thank You for a place of my own.  Help me to use it for You.’”
Life goes on doesn’t it?  I’m particularly thankful for the job I had at this time in my life.  Having somewhere to go every day, something to do, and people who liked and supported me was such a blessing.  Also, I was earning a paycheck and didn’t have to be dependent on him for anything or answer to any person for how I spent my money.  I knew before all of this happened that God had provided this job for me but looking back I see the miracles that occurred in my life to put me in that place at that point in time.  And the best part:  Tanya worked there too!
The other thing I notice in these entries are my prayers.  Short and to the point.  The thing that makes me joyful is that my faith was strong.  My seeking Him was steady.  My desire to serve Him was growing.  Believe it when I say there will be dark days of doubt and despair to come.  However, I believe the basic foundation of faith in God that is shown in these words of this seeking daughter of the King is what still carries me through the difficult ups and downs of this journey called life.  This flood did not destroy my life; it only made my faith and my determination stronger.  Praise God!
Father,
Thank You for the faith You so deeply ingrained in me throughout the years.
Thank You for the love and guidance You’ve given to me.
Thank You mostly for Jesus Christ Who is the cornerstone of my foundation of faith!
In His Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment