Monday, July 11, 2016

Moving Day


May 24, 2003
“Big day-Tim, Tanya, & Roger moved me into my apartment.  It is going to be nice.  Saw H. on my way out to the house driving the Chevy.  I still don’t understand but I’m going to keep trusting.  God is taking care of me.  I got quite a bit of unpacking done.  A good day!  ‘Father, thank You for a safe move, my apartment, my family, and, most of all, Your love and care.  Help me to use this place to serve You.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen’”
As I look back on this day in my life I remember feeling relieved and blessed to be living in my “own” place.  I’d never had a place that I could truly call my own.  The places we lived in during our marriage all were connected to his family.  None of them ever felt like home to me.  Neither one of the houses we lived in were ever finished.  I lived with unfinished bathrooms, floors, porches, etc. for years.  It was disheartening to say the least.
My apartment represented a fresh start for my life.  I could actually do what I wanted to do in it.  I didn’t have to ask permission or fear being ridiculed for choices I made.  It became a place of refuge, relaxation, and renewal for me.  I didn’t know it on this day but we will see in the coming days and weeks how God used this place in a mighty way over the next year to change me. 
The truth is that if I had known how rocky and twisted this path was going to be I don’t think I would have been able to start walking.  I found a statement that totally reflects the journey I was about to take:
I truly felt like life had turned upside down.  Everything I had believed about my life, my marriage, my stability was a lie.  Except for my faith in God!  It took this to remind me that the foundation of my life is not based on those things.  My foundation was and is in my faith in Jesus Christ. 
I was not alone as I took my first steps.  God had already shown me His loving presence through people, events, and answered prayers.  He has continued to walk with and guide me over the years since that day.  I will always have a fond place in my heart for that first apartment; for tears, laughter, prayers, decisions, and glimpses of God’s caring for me.  I have gained an appreciation for this One who knows the path I will travel, who travels it with me, and who only lets me see a tiny sliver of pathway as I walk.  It is in and through my faith in the One who holds my hand that I am able to keep walking.
Father,
I am so thankful You are my Guide.
You are the only One who knows where I’m going.
You prepare the way for me.
I choose to trust Your hand and Your heart.
In Jesus’ Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment