Friday, July 1, 2016

My Three Blessings!

Journal entry May 11, 2003
“Enjoyed church today.  Worship was wonderful.  Tim was there. Went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant with Tim, Tanya, and Roger.  Enjoyed it.  Spent rest of the day at Ann’s.  Read, cried, and watched E.T.  Talked to Hal. ‘Lord, help me to be sensitive to opportunities to serve You.’”
Mother’s Day.
Aren’t they cute!
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, 
the fruit of the womb a reward.  Psalm 127:3
The greatest blessings from my marriage are my three children.  Hal, Tim, and Tanya have blessed me more than they will ever know.  The four of us share a bond that was created through really tough times.  We’ve had and still have our differences but I’ve always know they’ll be there for me when I need them and I hope they know the same of me. 
I will say that we are all very independent people. We don’t need to be constantly in each other’s faces, if you know what I mean.  I think we all like our space. However, I do touch bases with all three of them in different ways and time periods.  Whenever I do reach out to any one of them I always get an immediate response and help if I need it.
 I’m proud of the strong yet kind souls they are.  I’m most happy about that fact that the decision all three of them made as young children to accept and follow Jesus as Lord Savior has held firm throughout the many trials they’ve each faced.  They are each serving God in their own unique ways.
I’ll be sharing more about each of my kids and how they’ve ministered to me over the last 13 years in later posts.  Today I just want to thank God for these precious gifts.  My life would not be as wonderful as it is without each of them.  They each bring different gifts, talents, personalities, and blessings into this world.  They each play a unique role in caring for their momma and I so appreciate all that they do.
I’ve often said that I would suffer many times over what I went through in my marriage to have my kids in my life.  I do mean that.  My life would not have the same meaning, fullness, and satisfaction without them.
I have a picture from Tanya’s graduation that I think perfectly portrays a part of each personality that I love so much.
Still cute!
Father,
Thank You for allowing me the privilege of being their mom.  
Continue to bless them as they seek to serve You. 
I know that they ultimately belong to You 
and that You want what’s best for each of them. 
Remind Hal, Tim, and Tanya of the blessings 
they are to their momma still today.  
In Jesus’ Name, 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment