Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hope Peace Faith LOVE!

Journal Entries
October 20, 2003
“Still sad but trusting God.  Quiet evening at home.  ‘Thank You for protecting me and my children through the years.  I love You Lord!’”
October 21, 2003
“Long day at work.  I’m still sad but able to laugh.  Quiet evening at home.  ‘Thank You Lord for my many blessings. I love You!’”
October 22, 2003
Quiet evening at home.
October 23, 2003
“Good day at work.  We laughed and talked.  Quiet evening at home.  ‘I love You Lord!’”
October 24, 2003
“Good day at work.  Went to church for session with Cheri.  I’m making good progress-our session was great.  Home-made vegetable soup and puttered-I love puttering!  All in all-good day!  ‘I love You Lord!’”
October 25, 2003
“Stayed home today and worked on computer.  Watched UK win.  Just a day of doing what I wanted to do.  ‘I love You Lord!’”
Today I decided to concentrate on the positive.  “Quiet evening at home. (x4)  Home-made vegetable soup and puttered-I love puttering!  Stayed home today and worked on computer.  Watched UK win.  Just a day of doing what I wanted to do.”   Come to think of it I find it ironic that one day I’m crying about being lonely and the next I’m thankful for a quiet evening at home and a day of doing what I want to do.  Let me think about that for a moment!
I think when you are going through what I was at this time it’s natural to be confused.  My whole life had been turned upside down.  Everything I knew about myself had been stripped from me.  Now I was working hard to find the person I’d lost and that can be confusing too.  I’m so thankful that God’s word assures me that:
God didn’t cause my confusion but He didn’t leave me confused.  He saw my confusion and was providing resources and answers to carry me through it to the answers I needed.  In the midst of this storm of confusion raging around me I see His peace in the repetition of the words “quiet evening”.   
Another positive in this is that in the midst of my confusion my faith in God stood firm.  “Still sad but trusting God.”   ‘Thank You for protecting me and my children through the years.  I love You Lord!’  ‘Thank You Lord for my many blessings. I love You!’  ‘I love You Lord!’  ‘I love You Lord!’ ‘I love You Lord!’”  I knew where to go for answers.  I knew Who loved me in spite of my feeling unloved.  I knew Who was with me in spite of my feeling lonely.  I had no idea what the future held.  Still don’t as a matter of fact.  But I do know who holds my future and my faith is secure in Him:
Where is your faith?  In whom do you trust?  There is only one Person who will never fail you.  Put your hope and your trust in the One who gave His life for you and now stands with His Father interceding for His child:
Peace, Faith, Hope, LOVE
Father,
I’m thankful that You bring peace instead of confusion.
I’m thankful You bring peace in the midst of confusion.
I’m thankful for future is secure in You.
I’m thankful my hope in anchored in Jesus.
Thank You for loving me!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment