Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Life


Journal Entries:
October 6, 2003
“E-mail from Monnie.  Neither my ex or his friend were at church and she left resignation on Terry’s desk. (She was the church secretary).  I still don’t understand and it does hurt even though I don’t want it to.  Busy day today.  Besides work all kinds of issues with co-workers families.  A baby had surgery, a brother died, one husband in hospital, another has heart problems, and a son broke his leg.  What a day!  ‘I love You, Lord!’”
October 7, 2003
“Work okay.  Results of mammogram-density in both-another test needed.  Another ‘thing’ in my life.  Met with Cheri.  Good session.  Talked about ex and his friend and my test results.  I am so thankful to have this opportunity.  ‘Thank You, Lord.  I love You!’”
October 8, 2003
“Work okay.  Home and started getting ready for trip to Praise Gathering.  Monnie called.  My ex’s friend resigned and some attacked Terry, but most supported him.  I am so tired of this and looking forward to time away.  ‘Thank You Lord for loving me.  I love You!’”
Life.  When I read over these entries that’s what I see.  Life lived: the good and the bad, the difficult and the easy, the sweet and the sour.  Everyone has hard times.  No one is immune.  From the moment we are born we enter a world of sin and sorrow.  The question becomes, how do we cope with all of this pain?  I’m so thankful that I know the answer.
Jesus never promised that life would be easy for those who follow Him.  In fact He promised just the opposite.  He said that we would be persecuted for our faith.  We will have trouble.  Those who think God is some kind of talisman against suffering don’t understand what it really means to follow Him.  It’s not an easy path.
Sin is a part of this fallen world.  It touches every life.  We either sin or someone sins against us.   The consequences for sin impact every life.  When I sin I reap what I sow.  Unfortunately too often someone else also reaps the fruit of my sin.  This is why it was necessary for someone to save me.  I cannot do it myself. 
People today are searching for someone or something to save them.  In the news, on social media, in daily interaction with people I see a desperation in hearts and souls.  This world seems to believe there are so many answers but none of them work.  People are still lost and dying.  There really is only one way.  His name is Jesus.
When I began this day’s entry I really had no idea where to go with it.  There was a lot to choose from.  However, as I read over the entries again and started typing the words just seemed to flow.  These are not my words.  They are what’s in my heart placed there by a God who loves us and wants to have an intimate relationship with those He created. 
My testimony is of one who has been saved by the blood of Jesus and healed by His stripes.
Without the presence of God in my life I would be lost.  I would have no hope and no future.  With Him I have the assurance of His presence with me as I live out my life on this earth.  With Him I have the assurance of an eternity spent in His presence.  Jesus said:

Everything else mentioned in today’s entries is temporary.  The pleasures and sorrows of this world will fade away when we enter His presence.  If we know His Son.
Father,
Thank You for Jesus!
Thank You that the difficulties C S Lewis spoke about are temporary.
Thank You that the peace he mentioned is eternal.
In His Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment