Thursday, January 26, 2017

Contentment

Journal Entry:
January 28, 2004
“I am content right now but I also look forward to when I am ready to be more involved in helping others.”

“I am content right now.” There is a secret to being content while desiring something more.  That secret is accepting what God has given to me at any given moment while trusting Him to provide what I need when I need it.  I see that reflected in this statement from my journal and for that I take no credit.  Looking back on these days I marvel at the faith and contentment with which God has blessed me.  There is no other explanation but that it comes from Him. 
“I also look forward to when I am ready to be more involved in helping others.”  Thankfully God has placed me a position today where I do just that and I am still content.  Yes, I’m human so there are days when I get discouraged or wonder if there’s something more I should or could be doing.  This doesn’t last long.  God is so good about reminding me that I’m where He wants me to be at this moment in time.  I know that when and if He has other plans for me He’ll reveal them and give me exactly what I need to obey.  My part is simply to do what He asks.
The secret to being content no matter the circumstance is faith in the One who provides our needs and so much more.  In Christ I have the strength to do everything He asks me to do.  That’s the other secret in these verses.  I can do nothing but when God sends me a task I have what I need to accomplish it because I have Jesus in my heart and life.  Then I can do everything I’m asked to do.  So can you if you know Jesus as your Savior, Lord, and Friend.  Just trust His provision and His leading.
Remember with God:

Father,
You have always given me what I need.
Many times You bless me beyond measure.
If all I have in my life is Jesus that’s more than I deserve.
Thank You!
In His Precious Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment