Monday, January 23, 2017

Rest!

Journal Entries:
January 24, 2004
“I believe God is giving me this time of quiet and rest and of being alone.  I didn’t rest well for 32 years and I believe He is restoring my strength and renewing me.  ‘I love You!’”
January 25, 2004
“Ice storm this morning-no church.  Stayed home and just rested.”
January 26, 2004
“Bed early.”
January 27, 2004
“Quiet evening and to bed early.  I really am quite content right now.”
I really don’t have much to say about these thoughts because I believe they speak for themselves.  I will expound on them more tomorrow from thoughts I wrote for Cheri.  Today I just want to focus on the word “rest”.
I lived for years with physical and emotional stress and a high level of anxiety.  It’s only by the grace and strength of God that I accomplished all that I did.  That’s why this season of rest was so important that I noted it in my journal. 
“I believe God is giving me this time of quiet and rest and of being alone.”  I’m thankful that God gave me this season just as His word promises:
 
I was depleted and He gave me just what I needed so that my soul could be restored.  He was with me as I walked through a valley and had certainly delivered me to a place of quiet, goodness, and love.  The best news is the best is yet to come on this earth and in eternity with Him.  Today. I do dwell in an earthly house of the Lord as I work at a church.  One day I will dwell in the House He’s preparing for me forever.  There is no greater promise that this!
Father,
Rest.
What a beautiful gift!
Thank You!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment