Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Storms of Life!

I was going to continue my thoughts on rest today, and I will do that tomorrow, but this morning God led me to a verse that reminded me of an experience I had a year before my marriage ended.  At that time I wrote this.  I hope it speaks to your life the way it did to mine.

One dark and stormy day God delight me with an unexpected gift of beauty.  I was driving alone in our old battered tank-like truck when fear like the heavy rain that fell from the black clouds washed over me.  I searched the heavens and cried out to God for relief.  Immediately my eyes focused on the eastern sky where the most radiant rainbow I have ever witnessed appeared among the clouds.  The bright colors burst into the darkness and bathed my wounded heart with hope and joy.  My circumstances did not change that day; in fact I would soon endure the deepest pain of my life.  This intimate moment in the precious presence of my heavenly Father provided the encouragement I needed as my marriage ended and I began a new life alone. 
I still experience days when dark clouds of doubt, despair, and discouragement envelope me like a cold English fog.  On those days when the shadows seem unending and the cold rains of misery pour over my soul, I cry out to my Heavenly Father.   Then the darkness dissipates and the Son shines through like a rainbow on a rainy day.
A rainbow is God’s promise of His faithfulness.  When you are traveling through a shadowy valley, fix your eyes on the eastern sky.  God will send the rainbow of His promise to brighten your path.
Father,
Thank You for the assurance of Your presence in my life.
Thank You for Your promises that cannot be broken.
Open my eyes and ears to the wonders of Your love every day.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment