Thursday, January 12, 2017

Giving Thanks!


Thoughts for Cheri
January 9, 2004 continued:
“I’m still sad but I do feel better after writing this.  I’m thankful for this gift of writing that God has given to me because it seems to help me clarify issues in my mind as I write.”
“Tonight I cry, tomorrow I talk to Cheri, Sunday I worship with my church family.”
“Thank You, God!”
“I’m still sad but I do feel better after writing this. I’m thankful for this gift of writing that God has given to me because it seems to help me clarify issues in my mind as I write.”  I’m still thankful for this amazing gift.  I enjoy sharing what God has done and is doing in my life with others.  Even if just one person is blessed or uplifted or encouraged by my story it’s worth it.  I believe if God gives us a talent we must use it to lift Him up.  This can be done in many ways but the ultimate reason and goal of all that we do should be to bring praise and honor and give the glory to the One who gives us life everlasting and joy, peace, mercy, and grace while we walk this earth.
All these years later writing things still helps me to clarify the ups and downs of life.  That’s one reason I’m enjoying doing this blog even if no one ever reads it.  God is using it to remind me of where I was, how far He’s brought me, and the faith I had even back then.  It’s proving to be life-changing and uplifting for me as I relive this journey.  He’s also encouraging to be willing to speak out more about my faith and my convictions in a loving but unyielding way. 
“Tonight I cry, tomorrow I talk to Cheri, Sunday I worship with my church family.”  I just like this sentence.  So much contained in 15 words.  Sorrow, hope, expectation, joy, anticipation, friendship, encouragement, help, peace, faith and so much more reflected in this.  I see life lived daily in these words and I believe that’s what God calls each of us to do.  Live the life He gives in faith trusting each moment to Him no matter the circumstance.
 “Thank You, God!”  God’s word tells me to: Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”  1 Thessalonians 5:18.  It’s not always easy but in the end I find that God uses the difficult times to strengthen my faith and my resolve.  And I never ever go through them alone.  He’s right there with me always.  So thank Him for the easy that gives you rest and the difficult that builds your faith.  Life is so much sweeter when I live it with a thankful heart!


Father,
Thank You!
In Jesus’ Precious Name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment