Thursday, August 4, 2016

Accepting God's Gift of This Day


Today is going to be a little different.  Instead of posting each day’s entire journal entry I’m going to pull one or two sentences from July 20-24, 2003 and see what God does with that.
Church was goodHome-lonely again-Sunday’s are hard.”
“E-mailed my friend from RV-talked about my relationships with people out there-hope she understood.  Got resume’ ready and e-mailed it to my workplace mentor.”
I heard from a friend of Pat’s whose been where I am…God is bringing people into my life.
Another sad Wednesday.  I think Satan attacks to try and keep me from Bible study but I will not let him win.  Pat called-she is coming Friday-I am so looking forward to it."
Better today.  I am still sad-I believe I am in the deep grief stage.  Tanya had a flat on the way to work and Roger took good care of her.  She commented on the difference-said H. would have yelled and been upset.  Roger was calm and helped her be okay.  I’m so thankful he is good to her!”
When I started choosing sentences for red (difficult) or green (blessing) I noticed how there was some of both every day.  It made me think about how too often even today I say a day was terrible, bad, good, or great and everything in between.  No day is all one adjective.  No matter what I may be experiencing God daily brings grace, peace, love, and mercy in the midst of the trials. 
Each day is a gift from God made to be experienced to the fullest extent possible.  That means embracing the good and bad, easy and difficult, blessings and trials.  All of these circumstances that God allows into my life are being used to transform me to the will of God.
After all, scripture doesn’t say that God only works in the pleasant or easy things of life. 
In fact, I’ve learned more about God and myself through the painful difficult times than I have in the painless carefree moments.  I’m just grateful that in His mercy and love God sends God winks that I do not deserve in the midst of hardships I do deserve.  He owes me nothing; He’s given me everything.  For that I am eternally grateful!
I guess the lesson from today is to not label a day as good or bad or anything else.  Just thank God for each experience and lessons learned.  This IS the day He has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!
Father,
Thank You for trials and blessings.
Without them I would not know You and Your love, mercy, grace, and peace.
Remind me daily to see You in each circumstance 
so that I can be transformed to be more like Jesus.
In His Name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment