Thursday, August 18, 2016

Who Is Fighting for Me?

Journal Entries
September 1, 2003
“(Labor Day) Another quiet day at home.  I have really enjoyed this holiday weekend with the Lord.”
September 2, 2003
“Hard sad day.  It was a long afternoon.  Had a ‘mini-meltdown’ in the evening.  Talked to Pat-talked to God a lot!  During the night I realized Satan was attacking me after my weekend with God.  I must resist him.  ‘Lord, please guide me and protect me from the evil one.  I love You!’”
September 3, 2003
“’I am in a valley of depression.  Please deliver me.’”
September 4, 2003
“Day started out badly-felt awful and terrible headache.  My friends prayed for me.”
These entries reflect something I’ve learned over the years.  After every mountaintop experience there will almost certainly be a valley.  I had a wonderful quiet long weekend with God.  I distinctly remember waking up on Tuesday morning feeling lonelier and sadder than I ever had before.  When I say I had a ‘mini-meltdown’ I’m not exaggerating.  I remember sobbing and crying out in agony to God for relief and to be delivered. 
I love that God woke me in the middle of the night to answer my prayers.  “During the night I realized Satan was attacking me after my weekend with God.  I must resist him.”  I’ve realized over the years that, while any prayer is good, for me specific prayers mean so much more.  I like to know the details and why I’m praying.  I know God knows but I think something happens in my spirit when I know exactly for who, what, where, and when I'm praying. 
This is the first time I remember realizing that I needed to actively resist Satan.  I don’t know why that’s so; I do know it was God preparing me for a battle I was beginning in my life.  I needed to remember Peter’s warning:
But I also need to remember that he said “like a roaring lion”. 
Satan is a deceiver who has no power over my life unless I give it to him.
He is a pretender to the throne and will one day be destroyed.

However, there is one who has won the victory:
Jesus is the authentic Lion of Judah.
When Satan attempts to attack me all I have to do is rebuke him in the name of Jesus Christ.
He cannot stand, he must flee.
He is the heir to the throne of David and He sits there at the right hand of His Father today.
I also love the fact that these days start with me praying for myself and end with my friends praying for me.  I am not in this battle alone and neither are you.  As fellow believers we are to pray for one another.  Jesus Himself said:
Father,
We all have battles to fight here on this earth.
What a sweet joy to know that as Your child I am never left alone to fight.
Better yet the one who has already won the victory fights for me.
Teach me to be a prayer warrior in this fallen world.
Protect Your children from the evil one as Jesus asked.
Thank You!
In His Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment