Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Heart Whispers



Journal Entries:
September 18, 2003
“Cried again.  Sad at work.  My supervisor called me into her office-I was nervous.  I told God I needed something good to happen today.  She did my review-said she admired, and others did too, how I’ve handled this.  Said I have more confidence in myself-gave me a raise.  PTL!  Had a mammogram, signed will, and went to Winchester to see Pat.  We ate supper, did some shopping, and watched TV with Stacy (her father-in-law).  Good day!  ‘I love You!’”
September 19, 2003
“Pat & I shopped most of the day.  We drove through Georgetown (lived there from 1960-63) & it brought back some memories.  Had a good supper with Stacy and watched TV.  Had a great time.  Wonderful day!  ‘Thank You, Lord!  I love You!’”
September 20, 2003
“Had another good breakfast with Pat & Stacy.  We left around 11:30 a.m. and went shopping, then lunch at Bob Evans.  Got her to the airport and drove home.  Went through Versailles-I think I’d like to live in that area someday.  Stopped at LifeWay and bought a video.  This was a wonderful time with my sister.  ‘Thank You, Lord.  I love You!’”
Wow!  Look at all the green!  I’m so thankful for my Father who sees my tears and hears my pleas and provides just what I need.  Started these days with “Cried again.  Sad at workand ended with “This was a wonderful time with my sister.”  God is good!  He’s there comforting me in the bad times when I feel like I can’t go on and He’s there celebrating with me in the good times when my heart overflows with happiness. 
“My supervisor called me into her office-I was nervous.”  I remember being so afraid when she called me.  You have to know that I was so used to being criticized for just about everything I did or being ridiculed for the things I enjoyed in life that I always expected the worst.  I wasn’t used to being complimented or praised.  My knee jerk reaction to any type of confrontation was to draw into myself for protection.  My supervisor was a no-nonsense woman who was not a Christian and I didn’t know what to expect.   When she complimented me and asked me why I had been able to handle this so well I was able to share my faith in God and give Him the praise and glory for all He’d done in my life.  It’s really the first time I remember having the confidence to share my faith so boldly with a lost person.   Her compliment and my pay raise were certainly quick answers to my prayer for something good to happen on that day.
The rest of the weekend was just what I needed.  It was just a fun sweet time with family doing things I enjoyed doing without feeling guilty.  The trip to Georgetown was especially meaningful as it brought back memories of one of the best parts of my childhood.  My time there between the ages of 10 and 12 were about as perfect as a childhood can be.  No life wasn’t perfect, there is no such thing.  But I remember those days being carefree and sweet.  This trip down memory lane reminded me that life could be good.  I just needed allow God to determine my steps and walk with me on each one of them. 
“This was a wonderful time with my sister.”  I wrote in another posting about my sister and how much she has done for me in my life.  Let me just say that this weekend was just the beginning of a change in our relationship that is ongoing today.  I will forever be grateful for the fact that we are not just sisters now; we are friends.  That’s special!
“Went through Versailles-I think I’d like to live in that area someday.”  Versailles is in Bluegrass Country near Lexington where I lived from 1963 till 1971 when I married.  I lived in Louisville at this time but had always had a longing to go “home” to Lexington.  Little did I know that in less than a year God would grant this desire and move me “home” where I live today.   
These three days were a wonderful prelude to an eventful week in my life.  God would introduce someone new to me in the next few days and I’m so looking forward to revisiting the time I spent with this amazing young woman who made such a positive difference in my life.  I can’t wait to introduce you to her.  Stay tuned.
Father,
I stand in amazement at Your love
as You listen for the smallest whisper
from Your child’s heart!
Thank You!
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment