Friday, August 26, 2016

Moments in Time

Journal Entry
September 28, 2003
“Wonderful Lord’s day!  Sunday School and church-I sang in the choir and new members were recognized.  There was a bunch of us.  Went to dinner with SS class.  Enjoyed it.  Home and rested-choir at 5 and sat with SS ladies for worship.  Good music, good sermon, good people, warm fellowship, and wonderful God.  Talked to Tim & Tanya-what a great day.  PTL!  ‘I love You’”
Bible study, worship with song, hearing God’s word proclaimed, fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ, a place called home to rest, sweet time learning new music with new friends, more worship with music and proclamation, and conversations with two of my children.  This was about as perfect a day as one can have on this earth.  A day of moments to remember.
Moments.  Each day is made up of moments.  They have the potential to be ordinary or extraordinary, delightful or sorrowful, quiet or noise-filled.  Added together these moments create life lived.  It’s in the moments that I make memories to rejoice or weep over in days to come.  It’s in the moments that I learn to be thankful to the Creator who gives them to me to guide, teach, and mold me to be the person He created me to be. 
Too often I find myself living in the past: “oh if only I had…” or in the future: “oh, if only I could…”   Doing this causes me to miss the gift of the present, good or bad.  The truth is I have benefited more from the difficult moments than I have the easy ones.  It is in the desperate moments I’ve learned just how faithful and dependable my heavenly Father is.  I’ve also discovered family and friends who have been there for me no matter the situation.  I’ve learned what to do and what not to do when others walk through valleys of sorrow, abuse, or loneliness. 
The sweet moments give me hope that I cling to in the bitter times.  The brief moment of happiness I experience is a taste of the total joy that will be mine when I am in the presence of my Savior one day.  The quiet moments allow me time to reflect on and to hear God speak as our relationship grows more intimate.  The noise-filled moments bring fun and laughter as they deepen my relationships with family and friends.  Each moment is special in its own right and is a gift from God.  This is why His word says:
And why we must:
I don’t know where you are in your life journey right now but I do know that if Jesus is your Savior and Friend His Spirit is guiding every step of every moment.  Lean into and on Him.  He will not let you fall, even in the darkest moment.  Believe me, I am living proof of that.  No matter how dark the night there will always be a flicker of light shining in your life when you trust Him. 
Father,
You have blessed me with moments that cause my heart to cry out in pain.
You have blessed me with moments that cause my heart to sing out in joy.
Thank You for each moment that has made me the woman I am today,
The woman You created me to be before I was formed in the womb.
I love You so!
In Jesus’ Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment