Monday, August 1, 2016

How to live a beautiful life!

Journal Entries:
July 7, 2003
“Busy-busy at work-lots of mail but we got it done.  I paid dentist but owe $60 more.  God will provide.  Midafternoon I felt scared.  Don’t know why.  God has brought 2 Timothy 1:7 to my attention today and I quoted it and rebuked Satan-God is faithful.  Tanya gave me photo albums, car payment book, and another bill.  I don’t think he paid either for June.  I was so angry.  Spent much time with God tonight.  He led me to forgive.  I may have to keep doing it for a long time but I believe it is a stop by step process.  ‘Father, thank You for giving me just what I need just when I need it.  Keep my heart and mind on You and Your word.’”
July 8, 2003
“Work was okay.  Nice talk with my co-worker and friend.  Went home-watched TV and spent time with God.  The more I spend with Him the more I want.  I just need to get started and not let Satan deter me.  He likes to put up distractions. ‘Father, help me to resist Satan and focus on You.’”
July 9, 2003
“Wedding anniversary.  Lots of memories.  Pat checked on me.  I’m glad I had Bible study or I would have gone home from work and cried.  God knows what I need.  I led the study and it went well. PTL!  One of the ladies is hurting because of her son’s alcoholism.  We are going to concentrate prayer on her this week.  ‘Father, be with my friend.  Give her wisdom and courage to do as You direct.’”
July 10, 2003
“Good day.  Laughed at coworkers who are planning a Hawaiian luau Christmas in July party!  They are crazy.  I am coming to the realization that I am to be alone for a season with God.  I’m thankful He loves me so much.  ‘Lord, help me to listen for and heed Your voice as You teach and guide me.’”
July 11, 2013
“Long day at work.  It was another sad day.  Our insurance agent called-he didn’t want to pay July’s premium but she made him.  I don’t understand it-how can he be like this?  ‘Father, please help me-I’m so tired of feeling like this.  I choose Your joy.’”
July 12, 2003
“I am so tired of feeling sad.  I want to move on but I feel stuck.   Father, I choose to follow You and I choose Your joy.’”
Reading over these entries brought memories of how truly scared, sad, angry, and lonely I was.  I wasn’t use to sharing my feelings with other people so I expressed them in my journal.  I was writing to God and He was certainly listening. 
The afternoon I felt scared and thought of the verse in 2 Timothy is just the first of many times over these years I’ve quoted this verse to rebuke Satan and it always works.  I say these words and then I tell him I belong to Jesus Christ and he has to flee.  He cannot stand against my Savior, the Son of God!
I think the thing I’m happiest about when I read these is that I kept crying out to God.  I knew to Whom I need to go for deliverance.  Whether it was fear, sadness, anger, or loneliness I knew He was and is the only answer.  Daily He has given me courage, laughter, peace, and comfort in ways I never expected.  In the coming days and weeks He taught me how to live life with love and with Him.  That’s the only way to live it.  Beautifully!
Father,
You have walked every step of the way with me.
You have never abandoned me.
Thank You for blessing me with a beautiful life.
Thank You even more for the promise of a beautiful eternity with You!
In Jesus’ Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment